IAB Europe Webinar Recording: GDPR Webinar Series IV – Consent Solution
After the 25th of May 2018, data protection authorities will have the power to fine companies up to €20,000,000 for breaching the new data protection law, the GDPR. The best time to start figuring out compliance was probably a year and a half ago when the law was adopted. The next best time is now.
IAB Europe’s fourth webinar on GDPR was presented by Ghita Harris-Newton, Chief Privacy Officer & Deputy General Counsel and Somer Simpson, Product Lead from Quantcast, and focused on the Industry-driven Consent solution presented in London end November.
The technical solution is designed to enable websites, advertisers and their ad technology partners to make more robust disclosures, as well as obtain, record and update consumers’ consent for their personal data to be processed in line with the GDPR. Moreover, the mechanism enables transmission of user consent choices to the supply chain, increasing accountability in the advertising ecosystem by enabling the creation of consent records and an audit trail.
Key features include:
- Works on mobile devices and desktop devices alike.
- Enables dynamic disclosure by first parties of third-party advertising partners and the purposes for which they collect and process data.
- Allows obtaining “global” or “service-specific” affirmative consent, as well as updating consent choices and withdrawing consent. EndFragment
- Enables the transmission of user consent choices to third-party advertising partners.
- Increases accountability in the advertising ecosystem by enabling the creation of consent records and an audit trail.
- Can be deployed before the date of application of the GDPR.
IAB Europe is inviting broader industry engagement over the coming months with a view to building cross-industry consensus and commitment to the standard, the principles around its use, its implementation, and the governance underpinning the tool.
Missed the webinar, watch the video below: