IAB Europe Blueprint: Online Audience Measurement and Ad Effectiveness Metrics and KPIs
This blueprint outlines IAB Europe’s goals and recommended actions for online audience measurement and ad effectiveness metrics and KPIs
This blueprint outlines IAB Europe’s goals and recommended actions for online audience measurement and ad effectiveness metrics and KPIs, which aims to drive further brand advertising investment into digital channels by increasing advertiser confidence and to improve best practice across Europe.
The blueprint forms part of the Metrics & KPIs pillar of IAB Europe’s Brand Advertising Framework and provides recommendations for deliverable metrics and measuring online audience and ad effectiveness metrics. The key objectives of the blueprint are:
- To guide the development of audience measurement across the increasing number of digital platforms
- To promote compatible and standardised sets of metrics applicable to all major media channels
- To encourage closer cooperation between separate audience and brand KPI measurement initiatives in individual markets to provide a more holistic, media neutral data set for advertisers, planning and buying agencies, and media owners and vendors of advertising inventory.
The blueprint has been produced by IAB Europe’s Brand Advertising Committee and is based on:
- key findings from the IAB Europe Metrics and KPIs survey
- outreach to Joint Industry Committees and measurement organisations across Europe
- best practice from around the globe
- feedback from the IAB Europe network