IAB Europe TCF V2.0 Webinar for Publishers – 7 May
IAB Europe, in partnership with the IAB Tech Lab, announced on 25th April that the Policies and Technical Specifications for version 2.0 of the Transparency & Consent Framework (TCF) are being made available for public comment. The opportunity to comment will last for 30 days, up to 25th May 2019.
During this consultation period, IAB Europe is hosting a webinar exclusively for publishers to provide a full overview on the TCF v2.0, plus allow ample opportunity for publishers to ask any questions related to the updated Policy and Tech Specs.
Timing and Registration: The webinar will take place on May 7, 2019 at 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM CET. Please register here.
What is the TCF?
The first iteration of the Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) was launched one year ago, to enable the digital advertising ecosystem to comply with certain obligations under the GDPR and ePrivacy Directive. The TCF provides a common framework to facilitate compliance with these data protection laws for every part of the advertising value chain, from publishers and technology companies through to agencies and advertisers. In addition, the TCF ensures more user transparency and choice about the processing of their personal data.
Introducing TCF v2.0
TCF v2.0 is the product of 12 months of reflection begun in the first half of 2018 in response to feedback from the market, notably publishers and from EU member state data protection authorities (DPAs). The key changes in the new version are even more transparency and control for consumers, greater control for publishers, and enhanced accommodation of the GDPR’s “legitimate interests” legal basis for processing personal data, including the right to object through the TCF, alongside consent. A new, combined transparency and consent string will consolidate all signals.
This information session is exclusively for publishers. It will include a 45 minute presentation from key members of the TCF Steering Committee, followed by a 45 minute Q&A session. The webinar will allow publishers to learn about all the key updates and benefits of TCF v2.0 for publishers, to enable participants to comment and provide feedback during the consultation process.
- Introduction – Noëlle Chitachi, (Director, Privacy & Public Policy, IAB Europe)
- TCF Overview – Townsend Feehan (CEO, IAB Europe)
- TCF 2.0 – Publishers’ Focus – Julia Shullman (Chief Privacy Counsel, AppNexus)
- TCF 2.0 Policies – Alice Lincoln (SVP of Data Policy & Governance, MediaMath)
- TCF 2.0 Data processing purposes – Ari Levenveld (Chief Privacy Officer, Quantcast)
- TCF Technical background – Airey Baringer (Head of Product & Privacy, Quantcast)
- TCF Technical specifications – Jennifer Derke (Director of Product, Programmatic/Automation, IAB Tech Lab)
- TCF CMP Validator – Charles Simon (Director, Data Policy & Governance, MediaMath)
- Q&A (45 min)