Value of Advertising Infographic: The economic contribution of advertising in Europe
The Value of Advertising is the first-ever EU-wide report to isolate the economic and social contribution of advertising highlights its ability to drive economic growth across the EU.
It was carried out independent by Deloitte and commissioned by a broad EU advertising industry coalition led by the World Federation of Advertisers and with the participation of IAB Europe.
Key findings of the report:
- Advertising fuels GDP: For 1 EUR invested in advertising, 7 EUR of GDP are generated
- Advertising creates jobs: 5.8 million jobs which equals 2.6% of total employment in the EU
- Advertising provides high-quality jobs: average gross income in the media and ad sector in the EU is 34 000 EUR in comparison to the EU 22 000 EUR average
- Advertising supports competition and drives innovation
- Advertising funds media and internet services
Browse the infographic below and read the original report here.