IAB Europe’s extensive survey of the online behaviour and attitudes of 32,000 people in 16 markets reveals some striking differences – and similarities – in the way Europeans are using the web.
This presentation features a profile of the Finnish internet audience and their online activities (in English).Download PDF 05.10.2010Consumer Commerce Barometer Country Summary - Finland
• Internet is well integrated into every stage of the purchase process for online consumers in Finland
• Purchases in the travel category are much more likely to be made online than offline
• M&E&L, tech and retail products are frequently purchased online. In contrast, CPG & healthcare and auto products are rather purchased offline.
• Big ticket items such as cars and domestic appliances see high levels of online research
• Search engines are the most commonly used type of website for online research, used by three out of four respondents and mainly used by respondents who search for travel and tech-related information
• Over half of consumers rank internet as their first information source when researching products, and over half appreciate the convenience of online shopping
For further information go to the Consumer Commerce Barometer website.Download PDF